WHY WE CHOOSE THIS TOPIC ?




The aim of this blog is to remove whatever doubts that may have entered some people’s minds regarding denial of any violence against Hazrat Fatima Zahra (s.a.) at her home, or against Hazrat Ali (a.s.) at the house of Janabe Fatima Zahra(s.a.).
Authentic references have been provided in the fond hope of a definitive conclusion and the eradication of all doubts Inshallah.



Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hazrat Fatema’s (sa) Protest in Masjidun Nabawi


Hazrat Fatema said, “O Abu Bakr, how soon did you turn your face away from the Ahle’ Bayt (a.s.) of the Prophet (s.a.w.)? By Allah, I will not speak to Umar for what remains of my life. O Abu Bakr! I share no relationship with you of any kind and of any manner.”

              
At this time, Janabe’ Zahra (s.a.) left her house in the condition that she had worn the headdress of the Prophet (s.a.w.). Imam Hasan (a.s.) and Imam Hussain (a.s.) were clutching at her fingers and tears were streaming down her face. She was separating the people while accompanied by the women of Bani Hashim who were also weeping.

She cried out, “O Abu Bakr, how soon did you turn your face away from the Ahle’ Bayt (a.s.) of the Prophet (s.a.w.)? By Allah, I will not speak to Umar for what remains of my life.[1]O Abu Bakr! I share no relationship with you of any kind and of any manner. Do you wish make my children, orphans and me, a widow?
By Allah, if you do not give up your actions, I will uncover my head, rip my shirt and go to my father’s tomb and cry to my Lord. At the grave of my father, I will plead with him. The position of my husband is not less than that of Hazrat Saleh (a.s.), and neither is the camel of Janabe’ Saleh more distinguished then I am; nor are my children any less honored in the realm of Allah than the foal of the camel of Hazrat Saleh (a.s.).”
When Hazrat Ali (a.s.) saw the seriousness of the situation, he immediately interfered and said to Salman “Go inquire about the condition of the daughter of the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) for surely I can see the outskirts of Medina being sunk into the earth. By Allah, if she uncovers her head, then the destruction and demolition of Medina will not be delayed for even an instant.”

Salman rushed to her and requested, “O daughter of the Holy Prophet! Allah sent your father as a source of mercy for the entire world. Please return back to your house.” She replied, “O Salman, how can I remain patient. These oppressors have intended to kill Ali (a.s.).” Salman replied, “I fear that the city of Medina should not be destroyed and led to destruction. I have been sent to you by Ali (a.s.) with the message that you should return to your home.” She said, “If this is so, then I will return now. I will obey his bidding and conduct myself with patience.”[2]

Imam Mohammed Baqir (a.s.) says that if she had uncovered her hair, then none would have survived.[3]
Another narration reports that after this, Janabe’ Zahra (s.a.) turned her attention towards the tomb of her father and recited these verses in a heart-rending manner:
Then she wailed, “O my father, alas, the beloved father of Hasan and Hussain is being put through so much difficulties. The one who you raised in your own lap, the favorite whom you made your own brother, the one who you loved the most, and who was closest to you in all aspects, the one who accepted Islam before any other person, the one who performed Hijrat with you – he was bound in captivity and dragged amongst the people as one would drag a camel.”

Then she shrieked an agonizing shriek and wailed, “O Mohammed! O my father! O Abul Qasim! O Ahmed! Alas the scarcity of helpers. Alas, alas! How the difficulties have increased upon us with such intensity. Alas this tragedy! O, how is this day (Yaumal Sabah) for us!” Saying this, she fell on the ground in a faint.[4]

In another narration, it is reported that Janabe’ Zahra (s.a.) pleaded with Allah in this manner, “Alas, how is this day (Yaumal Sabah) for me? ” At this Abu Bakr said, “Surely it is full of evil for you.”[5] [6]


__________________________________________________________________________________
[1] Shar’he Nahjul Balagha, volume 2 page 56/57 and volume 6 page 49
[2] Tafseer’e Ayyashi, volume 3 page 67; Al Ikhtesas page 174; Al Kafi, volume 8 page 237; Al Mustarshid, page 371; Al Manaqeb, volume 3 page 339/340; Al Ihtejaj page 76/77
[3] Al Kafi, volume 8 page 237
[4] Ilmul Yaqeen, volume 2 page 676/677
[5] Jauhari, the author of Lo’ghat says, “’Yaumal Sabah’ means the day of anarchy and looting” – Sihah Jauhari, volume 1 page 370). Allamah Tarihi says that “Ya Sabaha” are words used by one who is facing extreme difficulty and anxiety. (check)
[6] Misbahul Anwaar, page 290; Ar Reshaad, volume 1 page 179